Professional Membership of Melanoma Focus
by Simon Rodwell | 26 October 2015 15:30
Professional Membership is available to people with a clinical or scientific interest in melanoma who are working in (or retired from) academia or healthcare practice. Those working for commercial companies as their main employment are not eligible.
Professional Membership includes the following benefits:
- Membership of the UK’s principal professional melanoma network
- Reduced fees to attend the charity’s annual Focus on Melanoma and Regional meetings
- Access to members-only documents posted in the Professional Member section of this website
- Consultation on significant professional issues being discussed by Melanoma Focus with NICE, Parliamentary groups, the Government and other organisations
- Eligibility to vote on Melanoma Focus policy at Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings
How to Apply
Prospective members should download the Membership Application Form and type the required information into page two.
- Consultants should then go to Methods of Payment (below) to pay the subscription fee.
- If you are not a Consultant we ask that you nominate a referee who is a paid-up Professional Member of Melanoma Focus and who can vouch for your work in melanoma or associated fields; please contact us if you cannot identify a suitable referee. Ask the referee to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming their support for you as a new member. Once we have received the application form and your referee’s recommendation we will invite you to pay the subscription fee.
The completed Membership Application Form should be sent as a hard copy or emailed as a text document. When we have received your payment we will send you log-in details to register for meetings.
- Those presenting papers or posters at Regional or Focus meetings may subscribe for membership without the need for a referee but should complete an application form.
- Membership/renewal takes effect from the date we receive your payment.
- You will be reminded when it is time to renew your subscription, which simply requires payment of the prevailing membership fee. You should then renew within two weeks to keep your membership current. If you have not renewed within one month of our reminder we will assume you no longer wish to be a member. There is no need to submit a Membership Application Form if you have done so previously, unless your details have changed.
Please contact us if you have any queries about membership: email@example.com.
Methods of Payment
- As an alternative to a one-year subscription we now offer four years of membership for the cost of three years’ fees. Besides being a worthwhile discount, this reduces hassle and administrative load for the charity and members alike. Please consider this option when you next pay for membership.
Please use the buttons below. We will be notified that you have paid and you will receive a receipt by email from PayPal. (You do not need a PayPal account for this – you can simply use your card: click on ‘Pay with a debit or credit card’ at the bottom right of the first PayPal screen).
After you pay by this method you will be taken to a Melanoma Focus web page confirming your payment. You can print this out as a receipt. Once we receive the payment we will send you a receipt.
|Other Clinicians & Scientists
|Nurses, Students & Retired
Online Bank Transfer
This method involves no fees or deductions, so the charity receives the full amount of your payment. Here are the details for online payments to Melanoma Focus:
- Account number: 51458485
- Sort code: 40-34-38
- Reference: your surname + initial
Please notify us when you make an online payment, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can accept cheques if no other methods are available to you. Cheques should be made out to ‘Melanoma Focus‘.
Please do not set up a standing order for payment.
Source URL: https://melanomafocus.com/members/apply-or-pay-for-membership/
Copyright ©2018 Melanoma Focus unless otherwise noted.