- Melanoma 1000 Challenge
Melanoma 1000 Challenge
*NEW* Challenge for 2019
Conquer the Melanoma 1000!
October 1st – May 31st, 2020
This virtual challenge will see you complete 1000 miles any way you like. You will have 8 months to complete the challenge. It’s the equivalent of 4 miles every day to hit the 1000-mile target! Concluding in May 2020, you will be able to share your success and celebrate during Melanoma Awareness Month, helping us raise awareness of the most serious form of skin cancer.
You can run, walk, jog, trot, cycle or swim, every mile counts!
1000 miles is not an easy challenge so why not push yourself and see how many miles you can reach? You can cover the distance how, when and where you like. Simply track your activity, upload proof that you have completed the distance using app screenshots, display parkrun stats or join our Strava team! Once we have your results, we’ll send you your challenge champion medal and add you to our leader board!
Register now and make a difference to the lives of melanoma patients
It’s FREE to register, so sign up today and join #TeamMelanoma. A challenge like this is sure to inspire others to support you, so we have a suggested minimum sponsorship of £250.
The money you raise will help us fund life-saving research into melanoma. We support projects that investigate early detection of melanoma and the prevention of misdiagnosis. You can see our latest research news at https://melanomafocus.com/news-updates/news/
How we’ll support you
- Join our Facebook and Strava groups to connect with others taking on this challenge. See if you can be top of our leader board, share your progress and keep on track!
- a free technical running vest
- A fundraising pack, full of tips to help you raise as much as you can
- Challenge Champion medal and Melanoma1000 certificate
Why join us?
- Melanoma is the most serious form of skin cancer, developing anywhere on the body, not just the skin
- Melanoma is the fastest growing cancer in the world, especially in people under 35
- 1 in 36 males and 1 in 47 females in the UK will be diagnosed with melanoma in their lifetime
Register for the Melanoma 1000
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you our fundraising pack to get your challenge started.