- Melanoma 1000 Challenge 2020
Melanoma 1000 Challenge 2020
Melanoma Focus would like to reassure Melanoma 1000 participants that this virtual challenge remains active and open. COVID-19 has affected all of our lives and now, more than ever, we need your support. We urge all participants to prioritise their own and public health by following current Government and NHS guidance throughout the challenge.
Thank you so much for your continuing support during these difficult times.
Conquer the Melanoma 1000 Challenge!
1st October 2020 – 1st May 2021
Join #TeamMelanoma for our virtual challenge and complete 1000 miles any way you like – run, jog, walk, cycle or swim it’s your choice. You will have 7 months to complete the challenge. It’s the equivalent of 4.7 miles every day to hit the 1000-mile target! Concluding on 1st May 2021, you will be able to share your success and celebrate during Melanoma Awareness Month, helping us to raise awareness of the most serious form of skin cancer.
Every mile counts in the fight against melanoma
Why not push yourself and see how many miles you can reach? You can cover the distance when and where you like. Simply track your activity, upload proof that you have completed the distance and send us the distance using screenshots. Alternatively, join our Strava team to share your progress and meet others taking on the challenge. Once we have your results, we will add you to our leader board.
Register now and make a difference to those living with melanoma
It’s FREE to register, so sign up today and join #TeamMelanoma. A challenge like this is sure to inspire others to support you, so we have a suggested minimum sponsorship of £250.
The money you raise will help us fund life-saving research into melanoma. We support projects that investigate early detection of melanoma and the prevention of misdiagnosis. You can see our latest research news at https://melanomafocus.com/news-updates/news/
How we will support you
- Facebook and Strava groups to connect with others taking on this challenge
- A free technical running vest
- A fundraising pack, full of tips to help you raise as much as you can
- A Challenge Champion medal and Melanoma1000 certificate
Why join us?
- Melanoma is the most serious form of skin cancer, developing anywhere on the body, not just the skin
- Melanoma is the fastest growing cancer in the world, especially in people under 35
- 1 in 36 males and 1 in 47 females in the UK will be diagnosed with melanoma in their lifetime
Register for the Melanoma 1000 Challenge
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. We would be thrilled to welcome you to the team.